Driving safely is one resolution that doesn’t always make everyone’s New Year’s list, even though finding ways to be safer on the road ought to be a top priority for all drivers. Here are five auto safety tips from your local experts in car repair in Athens County, OH to put into practice in 2019 so that you and your passengers remain safe when you get behind the wheel:
- Don’t drive distracted: Even if you are one of the best drivers on the road, you still have to keep an eye on everything that is going on around you. If you are unable to do this because you are distracted while driving, you could be putting the safety of everyone in your vehicle at risk. Many know to avoid checking their cell phones while behind the wheel, but there are other distractions that can pose just as much of a threat. Eating while driving, listening to the radio too loudly or reaching for something you dropped could all create dangerous situations, and should be avoided any time you are in the driver’s seat.
- Be prepared for all weather conditions: When your normal drive is altered by inclement weather conditions, one of the most important safety tips to practice is patience. Wait the few extra minutes it may take for your windows to defrost completely so your view isn’t obstructed, and don’t rush once you get out on potentially slick and dangerous roads.
- Routine maintenance: Regardless of how well you drive, if you keep putting off the maintenance your vehicle needs, you are taking a risk with every trip. It is important to have your brakes, wheel alignment and tires inspected regularly by a mechanic. It is equally important to inspect the condition of the components of your car that can be easy to forget about, such as the windshield wiper blades and fluids.
- Impaired driving is dangerous: It is critical that every time you get behind the wheel you have a clear mind and are able to drive safely. Driving while intoxicated is both illegal and dangerous, but this isn’t the only type of impairment that can cause an accident. If you have an injury that affects your physical flexibility or your reaction time or are having trouble staying awake, it is best to ride with someone else until you are able to drive safely again.
- Always be on the lookout: In addition to practicing safe driving habits yourself, you also have to be aware of the driving habits of others as well. Always anticipate that others on the road may be driving carelessly, and make sure to keep at least a five-second cushion between you and the car in front of you.
Here at Dana’s Tire Center we will make sure that your car is ready to hit the road in 2019. Whether your car needs a brand-new set of tires or routine preventative maintenance, our experienced mechanics are ready to provide you with the car repairs in Athens County, OH that you need. Give us a call today to schedule your appointment so we can help make sure that your car gets the attention it needs stay be safe on the road.
Categorised in: Auto Repair
This post was written by Writer