You have your new swimsuit, and you’ve been hitting the gym to get fit—your body is ready for this beautiful summer weather! But how is your car doing? Have you been taking care of it as well as you’ve been taking care of your body? Unfortunately, if you’re like most car owners, the answer is probably “no.” If this sounds like you, it’s time to bring your car into a car shop in Athens County, OH to get it ready for the summer:
- Air conditioner: Though it’s a non-essential car part, your air conditioner is still a major convenience on sweltering summer days. Sure, you can roll down the windows, but that only helps if the vehicle is actually moving. Even then, the air is warm and not all that refreshing. Instead of sweating inside of your own car, bring your vehicle in for AC repairs. Signs that you need repair include low to no airflow, bad smelling air or strange rattling sounds. Only a trained mechanic can tell for sure what the problem could be, so stop by today.
- Radiator: Driving down the road on a hot summer’s day puts a lot of stress on your engine. Thankfully, your radiator is there to cool it down, so you can keep on truckin’. This is assuming that your radiator is in good working condition, though. A malfunctioning radiator is bound to lead to an overheated engine, which will leave you stranded on the side of the road waiting for a tow truck. Don’t let this happen to you—get your radiator inspected and repaired this summer.
- Oil and oil filter: There’s no better time to replace your oil than the summer. Changing your cold-weather oil for thinner, hot-weather oil will guarantee that your engine runs smoother all summer long. Additionally, changing your oil now will get rid of sludge and debris that makes your engine less fuel-efficient. Though you can change your oil by yourself, we recommend turning to one of our professionals instead. We’ll even replace your old filter at the same time we do your oil change!
- Battery: Assuming you’ve had your air conditioner repaired, you’ll probably have it running at full blast all summer long. While that’ll certainly help keep you cool and comfortable, it’s not all that great for your car battery or alternator. If it’s been a while since you’ve changed your battery, you might want to consider replacing it before summer is in full swing.
- Tires: Your tires undoubtedly took a beating this winter driving over snow, ice and tons of annoying potholes. Now that summer has arrived, it’s time to consider replacing them with a fresh set. Stop by Dana’s Tire Center to learn all about our top-of-the-line tire selection.
Don’t wait another day to get your car repaired or tuned up for the summer! Bring your vehicle down to Dana’s Tire Center for all of your repair needs. We’re a premier one car shop in Athens County, OH, so you know you’re getting a good deal when you work with one of our mechanics.
Categorised in: Car Shop
This post was written by Writer