Your dashboard lights will generally tell you when your car is having problems, but it can’t hurt to learn a couple of telltale signs that you have an issue that needs to be addressed. Bring your car in for auto service in Athens County, OH if you notice any of the following symptoms.
Your radiator is in charge of keeping your engine cool on hot summer days, and a malfunctioning radiator is a big problem that’ll leave you stranded. These are just a couple of symptoms of a bad radiator:
- Overheating: Does steam start coming up from the hood after your car’s been running for a while? If so, your radiator is probably broken. Turn off your AC and all other electronics and drive to our shop as soon as you can.
- Low coolant: Check your coolant levels. Are they consistently too low? If so, you probably have a leak somewhere in your radiator that needs to be fixed right away.
- Puddles under your car: Constantly needing to refill your coolant isn’t the only sign you have a leak. There’s clearly something wrong with your radiator if you have puddles under your car.
Consider getting a fresh set of tires to avoid a blowout while you’re driving down the road this summer. Here are a few signs that your tires are worn and in danger of blowing out:
- Low tread: The number one sign that your tires need to be replaced is if the tread is too low. Stick a penny head-down in the tread—if you can see Abe Lincoln’s head, you need new tires as soon as possible.
- Bulging sidewalls: Your tires’ sidewalls tend to bulge outward as they age. When this happens, the chances of a blowout skyrocket. Take a look at your tires and bring your car in if you notice anything out of the ordinary.
Nothing beats cool, refreshing AC on a hot summer’s day. Don’t suffer all summer long with a broken air conditioner—signs of a failing AC include:
- No airflow: First off, if your AC doesn’t blow any cool air, you have a problem. It probably has something to do with the belt, but only a trained mechanic will know for sure.
- Low airflow: Getting a little bit of cold air helps some, but not much! Take your car to an auto service in Athens County, OH if you’re not as cool as you’d like to be.
- Bad odor: Your AC might be working just fine, but if the air coming from your vents smells bad, you won’t want to run it. Bad odors can be caused by a variety of things—let our mechanics diagnose the problem for you.
As soon as you notice any of the signs above, or if your dashboard lights start flashing, bring your vehicle in for auto service in Athens County, OH. At Dana’s Tire Center, we’ll fix your car as soon as possible, so you can get on with enjoying your summer.
Categorised in: Auto Service
This post was written by Writer