If your vehicle is like most cars out on the road, it took a beating throughout the winter. While snow and ice hurt your car, poor road conditions can cause much more damage. Potholes ravage your tires and suspension, and ice on the road causes countless accidents that necessitate big repairs. If you and your car had a rough couple of months, it might be time to bring your vehicle in for a quick inspection and repair. Continue reading to learn about a few of the car parts that should be fixed this spring:
- Tires: Constant freezing and thawing causes small cracks in asphalt. Over time, these cracks widen and eventually turn into full-blown potholes. Driving over these potholes isn’t just an uncomfortable nuisance—it’s awful for your tires in Athens County, OH. Potholes might not blow out your tire, but they can cause small holes and air leaks. If you’ve been driving over potholes all winter long, it’s time to bring your car in for a tire checkup. Even if we don’t replace your tires today, we can give you an estimate for when you will need a new set.
- Suspension: Potholes don’t just affect your tires—they also hurt your suspension system. If your ride has been more bumpy than usual while driving down a smooth road, come to Dana’s Tire Center for repairs. We can diagnose and repair any aspect of your suspension system that was damaged by potholes over the wintertime.
- Brakes: Your braking system is sturdy, but that doesn’t mean it’s invincible. Brake pads need to be replaced every once in a while to ensure your vehicle can slow down and come to a stop when necessary. Winter weather most likely took a toll on your brakes, which means it’s time to have them inspected by one of our professionals. If you’ve noticed that it’s taking longer to slow down, or if your brakes are making strange noises, it’s probably time to bring your car in for brake pad replacement.
- Steering column: Hopefully, you weren’t involved in an auto accident over the winter. Those who were in a collision may have an issue with their steering column. Is your alignment off, or is it hard to turn the wheel? If so, bring your car to Dana’s Tire Center. We can make these vehicle repairs and get your car back in drivable condition.
- Oil change: If you’re a diligent car owner, you know that your oil needs to be changed every few thousand miles. The springtime is the best time to have your oil changed. Though you can change your oil by yourself, it’s best to have it done by one of our mechanics. While we change your oil, we can inspect your whole vehicle to determine whether or not it needs any repairs or a tune-up.
Whether you think you need new tires in Athens County, OH or your car is just due for an oil change, be sure to choose Dana’s Tire Center for all of your repair needs. Our team of professionals can have your car up and running as good as new for the upcoming spring and summer months.
Categorised in: Tires
This post was written by Writer