It may not feel like it just yet, but the warmer months are just around the corner! That means it’s time to start your spring cleaning—this includes getting your car ready for warmer temperatures. Though prepping your car for spring may not be as important as getting it ready for winter, it’s still not a bad idea to be prepared. Keep reading these helpful tips from an auto service in Athens County, OH to get your vehicle ready for spring and summer weather:
- Wash it: Salt on the road helps keep you safe while you’re driving. Unfortunately, it can do a lot of damage to the undercarriage of your vehicle. Now that the temperatures aren’t as cold, get outside and give your vehicle a deep clean. Getting rid of the remaining signs of winter salt will help prevent rust and ensure your car looks its best in 2018.
- Check your tires: Proper tire pressure is key if you want to be safe while you’re driving. It’s not a bad idea to get out and check your tire pressure before hitting the road on a long trip. Additionally, if you’ve put snow tires on your vehicle, it’s time to take them off. You shouldn’t need your snow tires again until the end of the year.
- Inspect your brakes: One of the only things more important than fully inflated tires is properly working brakes. Winter can take a heavy toll on your brake pads and brake lines. Bring your vehicle to us for an inspection. We can check to make sure everything looks good, and replace any brake components that look worn.
- Fix small dents: Ice and hail are major culprits responsible for tiny dents in your car. Now that winter is over, it’s time to have those repaired by a professional. The longer you wait to bring your car to an auto service in Athens County, OH, the larger and deeper those dents will be. That doesn’t just look bad—it really hurts the value of your vehicle too. The good news is that a pro can remove any small dents or dings in a matter of minutes!
- Top off fluids: While you’re at the auto shop, ask the mechanic to refill all of your fluids. And if it’s almost time for an oil change, you might as well have them take care of it!
- Replace wiper blades: Your wiper blades probably took a beating throughout the winter. Constantly wiping off snow and ice takes its toll on the blades, not to mention what freezing temperatures do to rubber. Now that it’s warmer out, it’s time to think about replacing those beaten up wiper blades.
Don’t drive one more day without getting your car ready for spring. Though you can perform some of the steps above by yourself, it’s not a bad idea to stop by an auto service in Athens County, OH for a little extra help. The professionals at Dana’s Tire Center have years of experience working on all sorts of makes and models. You can trust that you’re in good hands with us!
Categorised in: Auto Service
This post was written by Writer